Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pythonista


In the 80's and 90's, I used to write my two stroke programs in TI Calculator Basic. Mainly I didn't want to risk a $3000 laptop in the garage around heavy things, gasoline, oil, etc. So I would write it in TI Calculator Basic and risk a $100 calculator to the environment of the garage.

Between JetSki's and Georgia's rules on mopeds, I have renewed interest in two stroke motors, I have been resurrecting some of the programs I wrote back in the 80's and 90's. I have found that if I write / re-write them in Python, they will run on Linux, Mac, Windows and with Pythonista on my iPad and iPhone.



I am finding I like Pythonista a good bit and I am liking the reduced decoration requirements of Python (Perl is historically my preferred scripting language).

An example of how I am using it, is my hp.py script, which I have up on GitHub:





No comments:

Post a Comment